Strengthening Families is a Spanish-language parenting curriculum that H.A.C.A.N. has successfully taught for 20 years to nearly 2,000 parents. It is based on the premise that we can prevent child abuse and neglect by providing parents with skills needed to resolve family conflicts in an atmosphere of mutual respect, cooperation, love and understanding. This comprenhensive curriculum supports and builds upon the parenting skills of families,enabling them to become more effective communicators and establish loving, trusting relationships free from violence.
Forteleciendo la Familia is a series of ten culturally sensitive parenting classes offered to immigrant families of Northern Virginia. The classes are free and childcare is provided at no cost for those parents who want to participate in the program.
Strengthening Families is a program that help parents to:
- Establish a better communication with their children
- Know effective discipline methods
- Manage effectively family conflicts
- Share with other parents their ideas and concerns
- Obtain information about community resources
Parenting Class Schedule
- Fall 2009 : From October 1st, 2009 through December 10, 2009 at Bailey’s Elementary School
- Spring 2010: Please call for dates
Registration is required. For more information or to register please call Marissa Yzita at 703-208-1550 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org